Grammarly Review: Is Grammarly Worth a Try?
Content a Glance:
Grammarly is an online tool that is a grammar and spell checker. It also searches and correct grammar errors as well as punctuation errors. It can also be used as a plagiarism checker. But, is Grammarly worth a try?
I’m a virtual assistant, blogger, YouTuber, and a book author. I’ve been using Grammarly ever since then.
To use Grammarly, you have two options. First is a pretty good free version. The second option is a premium version. Premium version has two plans, individual and team. Try Grammarly Premium now and eliminate grammar errors and improve your writing.
Grammarly is good for writers, bloggers, students, and anyone who writes emails. It is easy to use. To date, it is the most powerful grammar checker available online, but it cannot replace a “human” editor. Grammarly and human editors have different uses for various types of writing, so they are not direct competition. Grammarly is a must-have for some writers.
Will you benefit from it? To find out, read the full review below.
As a virtual assistant and a book author, I know what a human editor can do. Surprisingly, typos and errors creep into anyone’s writing that’s why I use Grammarly to proofread whatever I post on this blog.
It has more than 10 million users and considered the most popular grammar and spell checker online. So, what does it do? From written texts or words, it checks for any errors. The free version checks punctuation, spelling, and grammar while the premium version offers all the best style and writing practice suggestions. In other terms, it is a difference between writing something unprofessional and sloppy versus writing something clear and compelling.
Its features are plagiarism, spell check, grammar and punctuation, writing style, and any kind of writing. It can scan an entire document for intentional or unintentional kinds of plagiarism. For spelling errors, it checks every word in your writing which is much accurate than Microsoft Word spell checker. It will detect basic and advanced grammar and punctuation errors such as comma splices, alliteration, fragments, run-on sentences, and much more. Grammarly will explain the error. It will help improve your writing style to become a better writer by suggesting actionable insights such as sentence-length, overall readability, etc. Grammarly will help you tidy up your social media posts, formal papers, blogs, emails, articles, etc.
Business writers, authors, copywriters, students, professional writers, content marketers, and bloggers can benefit from Grammarly.
It’s all about your message! The clearer the nuances of your message, the better people will understand your message. Whether it’s good or poorly written with so many grammatical mistakes, your writing reflects who you are. That’s why we need a simple online tool like Grammarly. With a little help from Grammarly, you have nothing to lose but so much to gain. It will help improve your writing skills and ensure a writer’s work is clear and error-free.
1. It Works – It does. It easily picks grammar and spelling errors to compare to other checkers. It has better capabilities of correcting advance errors.
2. Easy to Use – You don’t have to be a computer geek to use it. It provides the simplest interface and user experience. Even your grandparents can easily navigate and use it. With just a few simple clicks, you can easily use Grammarly in whatever way you want it. Copy and paste your texts or words into the desktop app or online tool then Grammarly popups corrective lines on it. Whenever you use Microsoft Word while writing, it does the same thing.
3. It Teaches You – With the Grammarly Premium Plan, it will highlight and give you a concrete reason why your mistakes are wrong. This way, it teaches you how to improve your writing skills by providing mini-lessons.
To use this app or tool, you need to be connected to the internet. You can use it in various ways such as browser extension, desktop app, on your phone, Microsoft Word, or web tool.
1. Browser extension – Go to the Chrome Web Store then search for Grammarly. Simply click to add the extension to your browser. Once up and running, when you use it on any website, it will automatically check your writing.
2. Desktop app – Download the app via download page on your desktop using Mac or Windows. Follow the installation instructions then start using the tool just like the way you use it online.
3. On your phone – Download the app from your iOS or Android devices via App Store or Play Store. As you compose a text or email message, it will check your writing.
4. Microsoft Word – While running Windows on your computer, you can use Grammarly within Microsoft Word. Click on “Apps” then click Install button on Grammarly for Microsoft Office. Follow the download instructions. Once up and running, as you type on Word document, it will check your writing.
5. Web tool – Click on “New” then a blank page will appear. In the Grammarly dashboard, copy plus paste your written words into the blank page of the web tool. Give it a few seconds to work its magic. The software will read, analyze, and corrects your writing. Another way is to upload a complete document to the site. Instead of clicking “New” click “Upload” then choose the document from your computer then it will do its magic. Or, type the texts or words directly into the blank page when you click “New”.
It’s FREE! You can use it without paying any dime. The free version is pretty good and can be used without any trial period. But, the Premium version has a lot of useful features to improve your writing skills even further. It has two plans, individual and team aka “Grammarly Business”. The individual plans are annual, quarterly, and monthly. Annually plan is $11.66 a month or $139.95 in a year. The quarterly plan is $19.98 a month or $59.95 quarterly. The monthly plan is $29.95 a month. The Team Plan or Grammarly Business plan costs $12.50 a month per member. It allows a minimum of 3 members.
Free Version – It’s pretty great compare to other software or apps were their free trial features are a poor and limited edition. It provides an advanced and powerful spell, grammar, and punctuation checker. This will catch most of the basic mistakes in your writing by underlining them in red. It will show you how many issues were found in your writing, which you can only see when you upgrade to the Premium plan.
Premium Version – The Premium version is the best. It has a lot to offer. Adding up to the free version features related to punctuation, grammar, context, and sentence structure. With its advanced features, it will check for unclear structure, wordiness, insensitive language, writing inconsistencies, overuse of words, inappropriate tone, etc. It provides a piece of detailed information on every mistake in your writing in the pop-up box. It will always provide suggestions that you can incorporate into my text. Check out the premium version of Grammarly now.
For me, Grammarly Premium is worth it. If you’re a writer on a budget, install Grammarly and try to use it. The free version has advanced spelling and grammar checkers compare to your average free checker.
As the saying goes, “Things that cost money are better than their free version.” The Premium plan, however, will provide you more advanced features. It will also give you some tips on how to improve your writing. I am personally using Grammarly Premium, an individual plan. Since I am a virtual assistant, blogger, YouTuber, and author, I need the extra features to better my writing not just for myself but also for my client’s online content.
I like it! I am using it not just for myself but also for my clients. I am using it to write content for blogs, websites, social media, and emails. Should you use it? Yes, of course! This is the best tool for any writers either student or professionals, at any level (beginner, intermediate, or advanced writers). The free version is a “must-try” if you’re on a tight budget. However, nothing beats the Premium version with all the features that it can offer to make your writing even better. It is highly recommended especially to anyone whom English is their second language. Grammarly easily picks English mistakes and teaches you how to improve your writing by providing suggestions and explanations.
Hi, I'm Paul. If you enjoyed reading this article you might like to read also:
Or check Notes from a VA - The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Virtual Assistant Career for more helpful tips.
I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly share this article to people whom you know will be interested to read this through social media, email, text, or message.
Finally, subscribe to my newsletter to get a free sample page of my book and email updates so you're never out of touch.