Since its beginnings at the end of the 20th century, the internet has grown exponentially. In the modern world, a huge percentage of people use the Internet and all kinds of websites every day. Naturally, some people decide to learn to create them, therefore "What is a web developer?" is a commonly asked question. Web development is quickly becoming one of the most attractive and best-paid career choices in the modern world.
Nowadays, at the end of the 20th century, we can`t deny the huge number of percentage of people who uses internet and all kinds of websites in a daily basis that makes internet grown exponentially. You may consider learning programming language or two and becoming a web developer. There are a lot of aspiring web developers who are confuse about the profession that is why this guide aims to explains and teach them.
Web developer- A web developer is a programmer who specializes in, or is specifically engaged in, the development of World Wide Web applications using a client–server model.
Website development is quite hard, but setting your goals and doing your outmost best can help you to achieve you goals a web developer. As same on a business your first priority is to make sales, in your case you sell your websites. This is especially important in your first year or two until your business is somehow self-sustaining. Upon selling and continuous making of websites, it promotes self-development wherein you enhance your talent and skills in web developing.
1. Front-end Developer is responsible for creating the look, feel and interactive components of a website. They are often mistaken as the only role in web development as well as confused with the role of a web designer. To accomplish all this, the front-end developer generally writes the following programming languages:
2. Back-end Developer has one of the most crucial roles in web development. They create and maintain what`s under the hood to keep your website running and functioning properly. A back-end developer can program in a variety of programming languages depending on what needs to be done. Typical programming languages a backend developer writes in include:
• Ruby and Ruby On Rails
3. Full-Stack Developer- is a unique developer type as they can program and work on both front-end and back-end parts of a website. They can literally create an entire functioning, dynamic website themselves as they understand both ends of web development.
Now that we have started to explain about the description and type of Web developer, let`s talk about How to become a Web developer now. Building a career for yourself as an experienced web developer, you need to make sure that you start with a clear vision of how you are going to achieve this. The following steps should help guide you:
• Decide what sort of developer you want to become.
• Choose a decent course You need to choose a course or a couple of courses that will teach you the basics of web development.
• Create a learning plan. Everyone needs a bit of motivation from time to time, otherwise, we simply don’t do the things that we need to.
As you start on your journey towards understanding what is a web developer, you need to start building a bit of a learning schedule. It isn’t that hard to become a web developer as long as you are willing to exert a lot of time, effort, and work.
Web design and Web Developments are not the same thing, but it depends on how you define ‘design’ and ‘development’. For our article, we have assumed that it takes different knowledge to understand what is a web designer and what is a web developer. These professions are different and they have the following roles:
Web Designer- is the person or group of people who are responsible for the creation of the website concept. They might decide that it needs to be a certain color, with certain content and pages. They may do things like creating infographics, logos, and videos, and they tell the developer where these things have to be put on the web page.
Web developer - takes the designer’s concepts and creates the code that is used to turn them into a website and bring them to people like you and me.
Although the web developer and the designer may be the same person - there is almost always some overlap between design and front-end development - the roles are different. If you want to be a designer, you won’t necessarily have to learn any code at all. Likewise, a developer doesn’t need to have any graphic design skills at all.
HTML is an essential language if you want to understand what is a web developer and how to become a front-end one. HTML is a very easy language to learn, and it is usually the first one learned by new programmers.
CSS is the second of the essential front-end languages and is also one that every front-end developer must be fluent in. The CSS code is used in conjunction with HTML.
PHP has dominated definitions of what is a web developer. Known as the language of the internet, it is currently used in some form on around 80% of websites in existence. It is very easy to learn and is quite easy to use, which makes it very popular for beginner back-end developers.
Java is a class-based, object-oriented programming language that is designed to have as few implementation dependencies as possible.
• Creating website designs
• Producing sample sites
• Meeting with clients to discuss requirements and/or project progress
• Demonstrating and receiving feedback about draft sites
• Keeping up to date with recent technological and software developments
• Developing skills and expertise in appropriate software/programming languages
• Creating Products that are user-friendly, effective and appealing
• Digital retouching and image editing
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Key skills for web designers
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Communication skills
• Technical ability
• Excellent IT skills
• SEO knowledge
• Experience of using programs such as Photoshop and InDesign
Hi, I'm Paul. If you enjoyed reading this article you might like to read also:
Or check Notes from a VA - The Ultimate Guide to a Successful Virtual Assistant Career for more helpful tips.
I would greatly appreciate if you could kindly share this article to people whom you know will be interested to read this through social media, email, text, or message.
Finally, subscribe to my newsletter to get a free sample page of my book and email updates so you're never out of touch.